The direction and management of the CSIC's Library and Archive Network is the responsibility of the Unit of Scientific Information Resources for Research, which reports to the Vice-presidency of Organization and Institutional Relations, with offices in Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia.
The main functions of this Unit are:
- Manage the Library Services Platform and the CSIC's Union Catalogs.
- Provide access to the scientific information resources through its Virtual Library
- Boost the Open Access-Open Data policies and services for the promotion of Open Science
- Preserve and provide access to CSIC's scientific outputs through the institutional repository DIGITAL.CSIC
- The Digitization of Documentary Heritage.
- The provision of services for the analysis of CSIC's scientific publications
- Automate access to CSIC's historical archives
- Regulate the provision of library services
- Coordinate the development of bibliographic collections
- Provide working and training tools for library staff
- Maintain the Network's internal and external communication channels
- Represent the CSIC in library cooperation forums
- Collaborate with the CSIC's authorities in the definition of the scientific information policy strategy.