The CSIC Action Plan 2018-2021 defines the strategy of the institution and sets the objectives to be developed during these four years. The Plan encompasses the lines of work of its institutes, scientific areas, the central organisation of the CSIC and its units; within the section of the Vice Presidency for Organisation and Institutional Relations, the Unit of Scientific Information Resources for Research (URICI) will develop the strategic lines set out below.
The main objectives defined in the CSIC's Library and Archive Network Plan are:
1. Development of the Digital Library and the Enhancement Policies of Open Access to Scientific Results
- Promote the evolution of the libraries of the CSIC institutes as points of a horizontal scientific information network that supports the information needs of the research community.
- Facilitate the use of mobile devices that allow access to digital collections and services
- Promote the 100%DIGITAL Plan of information services for CSIC institutes without a phisical library.
- Consider mechanisms for sustainability in the contracting of resources through an active policy of negotiation with suppliers and the establishment of cooperative alliances for the exchange of resources and services.
- Promote the institutional repository, Digital.CSIC, and the Open Access policies to increase the dissemination, visibility and impact of the scientific production of CSIC authors and to comply with institutional commitments, legal regulations of different ranks and the mandates of funding agencies.
2. Boost a CSIC's Programme for the dDssemination of its Bibliographic and Archival Heritage
- Promote the documentary management of the heritage collections with the development of the identification, installation, automation, digitalization, preservation and disseminations of the information still not treated and relevant for the history of science in our country holded in libraries and archives of the CSIC.
3. Improve the Quality of Scientific Information Services and Quality Measurement Systems
- Commitment to CSIC quality policies. Quality in the provision of library services means updating and renewing the Charter of Services in accordance with the demands and services provided at all times and also adapting the Performance Catalog Indicators of the Library and Archive Network Services.
- The generation and compilation of data and indicators is fundamental for the evaluation of services and to know their evolution, so they will continue to be an essential tool for analysis that must be maintained and updated.
Library and Archive Network Plan (Internal staff only)