The main purpose of ORCID (Open Research and Contributor ID) is to provide researchers with a persistent and unambiguous author code that clearly and univocally distinguishes their scientific production over time and avoids confusion linked to scientific authorship and the existence of coinciding or similar personal names. It also provides a place to register papers and other data, and it is interoperable with other identification systems (ResearcherID, ScopusID, etc.). ORCID is managed by an international non-profit organization with thousands of registered researchers and many member institutions, including the Spanish National Research Council.
CSIC researchers can link their personal ORCID to the CSIC's institutional ORCID in a very easy way (see details). It has some advantages:
- To identify correctly your publications in GesBIB bibliometrics system and display your ORCID iD in the different CSIC corporate applications.
- To be able to link your public CVN from FECYT
- In the future, to be able to automatically update your publications data into your ORCID profile
Do you need more information?
- Check out the Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Inmaculada Ramos (URICI) (email@example.com) / 91 568 16 65 - from 8 to 15 hours M-F).