SURAD is a service provided by Unit of Information Resources for Research (URICI) and CSIC Library and Archive Network whose functions are:
- To act as a single entry point for receiving requests of copies and interlibrary loan of documents coming from libraries outside CSIC.
- To attend requests of copies and interlibrary loan of documents from staff of CSIC institutes enrolled in the Plan100%DIGITAL.
- Exceptionally, to attend to and manage requests of copies and interlibrary loan of documents from the staff of CSIC institutes whose library is temporarily closed.
- To supply CSIC libraries and external libraries with documents from the CSIC digital collection and from Granado (CSIC Cooperative Conservation Storage Facility)
- To carry out the delegated invoicing of interlibrary loan transactions of the CSIC libraries adhering to this service.
- To act as an intermediary for CSIC libraries in obtaining documents from foreign suppliers (British Library, SUBITO, OCLC, etc.), or with special conditions or administrative requirements that cannot be met by CSIC libraries.
How to request documents to SURAD
- Non-CSIC Libraries
- Libraries not belonging to CSIC Library and Archive Network must send their requests using the management system of the CSIC Document Delivery Service (GTBib/SOD). If the requesting library also uses GTBib/SOD or a compatible system, communication between systems will be automatic. Otherwise, the requesting library will have to ask SURAD to register as a user of CSIC Document Delivery Service. The library will receive a user name and password to access the system.
- How to request documents to SURAD (Non-CSIC libraries).
- Staff from CSIC centres without physical library (Plan 100%Digital):
- To place requests users must be registered as CSIC Document Delivery Service users. To register, please contact SURAD or fill this registration form (CSIC Intranet login needed)
- How to request documents to SURAD (Staff from Plan 100%Digital CSIC institutes).
- CSIC Libraries using SURAD as an intermediary with foreign interlibrary loan suppliers must send their GTBib requests selecting CSISURAD as supplier and Foreign in the demand level field.
- With the exception of staff from Plan100%Digital CSIC institutes, SURAD will not accept requests from personal users. It will only accept requests from non-CSIC libraries and from CSIC libraries in the situations outlined above. SURAD will not act as intermediary for CSIC libraries in any other case.
Rates and invoicing
- SURAD acts as delegated invoicing office for most of the CSIC libraries
- Invoicing Data
- Invoicing center: CSIC. Organización Central. OM. SURAD
- Responsible: Ana Sánchez Montañés
- Invoicing adress: Joaquín Costa 22, Pta. baja
- Invoicing city: Madrid
- NIF: Q2818002D
- Accounting office: E02760503
- Managing body: GE0000531
- Processing unit: GE0000531
- SURAD, like all the libraries in the CSIC Library and Archive Network, applies the REBIUN interlibrary loan rates to supply documents to non-CSIC libraries,
- The service is free of charge for staff from CSIC institutes with libraries adhering to the delegated invoicing system and 100%Digital CSIC institutes when the document can be found in Spanish libraries (including CSIC). If the document has to be requested from a foreign supplier, 50% of the supplier cost will be charged to the user.
- SURAD will charge the full cost in case of requests coming from CSIC libraries not adhering to the delegated invoicing system both for Spanish and foreign suppliers.
- See indicative prices for the cost of requests to foreign libraries.
SURAD - Unit of Information Resources for Research
Libraries and Centers adhered to SURAD
- CSIC libraries adhered to SURAD delegated invoicing
- CSIC institutes for whose staff SURAD provides the document delivery service