ACTION PLAN 2022-2025
The CSIC's 2022-2025 Multiannual Action Plan defines the institution's strategy and establishes the objectives that will be developed during these four years. Framed within it is the URICI Strategic Plan: Resources and Support Services for new research practices and methods for Open Science at the CSIC. 2022-2025.
The main objectives defined in the CSIC Library and Archives Network Plan are:
Objective 1: Collaborate in the CSIC Open Science strategy: support for publications and data.
- Contribute to the establishment of policies and good practices of Open Science: scientific culture change.
- Open Access: publication-data. OA mandate compliance 100% Articles-80% data.
- Promotion of the Publication Support Program in OA CSIC.
- Complete the transformation of the subscription model-Ensure the sustainability of OA publishing business models.
- Support services for the management-use of scientific data-software.
- Action to guarantee integration and interoperability with EOSC and/or other GII.
- Collaboration with national and international OS initiatives.
Objective 2: Digital transformation: heritage – collection – management – spaces.
- Increase the economic endowment in digitization.
- Increase the computerization of the CSIC Archives.
- Increase the digitization of 100% accessible public domain heritage funds (archives and old funds).
- Acquisition strategy focused on 100% digital support.
- Transformation of physical spaces (new organization model).
Objective 3: Training and skills.
- Develop an annual training plan more adapted to the skills - needs that Open Science requires.
- Improve the skills of professionals in managing the requirements of Open Science.
- To be a reference for Open Science issues in the CSIC community.
- Master of Open Science.
Objective 4: Knowledge management, evaluation, quality policies and communication.
- Systematic, better informed decision making.
- Management improvements: efficiency and transparency.
- Easier use of data/indicators for their evaluation and analysis.
- Maintain commitment to quality issues, higher level of compliance.
Objective 5: Systems and infrastructures: Open Science practices.
- Support infrastructures and services for the sustainability of Open Science.
- Implement digital preservation system (documentary objects).
- Services/Reports for competitive competition, analysis and evaluation.
- Improve interoperability and added value in services and infrastructures.
- Improve the synchronization of URICI applications with institutional systems (eg GESBIB-CONCIENCIA).
Objective 6: Governance and resources: adaptation to the new research cycle.
- New organization model: from Library Network to HUB of Services for Open Science.
- Actions to reverse the loss of HR Recruitment of professionals.
- Complete integration of National Centers (Infrastructure-Services).
- Improvements in the efficiency of contracting processes in the Network (AM…etc.).
- Increase communication-Dialogue with CSIC Libraries.
- Growth of the GRANADO Cooperative Conservation deposit.
ACTION PLAN 2018-2021
In addition, in 2022 the final report of the 2018-2021 Action Plan (PDF) was presented, the full report on results and assessment can be consulted on the intranet of the CSIC Library and Archives Network.