Reference managers are software programs desifned for the creation and management of bibliographic databases for personal use. The bibliographic records information can be typed manually or imported automatically from catalogs and databases. In addition, they can be used to create citations and bibliographies in research papers using standardized formats. CSIC Library and Archive Network offers information and some support for the following reference managers. Some CSIC institutes have also exclusive licenses to use other reference managers (i.e. Refworks).
- Mendeley Institutional Edition: CSIC Library and Archive Network makes available to all CSIC staff the institutional version of the Mendeley reference manager (Mendeley Institutional Edition, MIE) with substantial advantages over the free version. To enjoy these advantages CSIC staff only need to join the Mendeley Institutional Edition CSIC Group. [See more]
- EndNote Web: CSIC staff have access the web version of EndNote reference manager which allows the creation and management of personal databases of bibliographic references, the insertion of bibliographic citations and the automatic preparation of bibliographies in Word and in any processor which allows documents to be opened in RTF (Rich Text Format) format, such as Writer, from Open Office. EndNote Web is included in WoS subscription. [See more]
- Zotero: It is a free, open, bibliographic reference manager that combines a web version with a desktop version. It allows to save bibliographic references and file attachments to the references, organize them, insert citations and generate bibliographies, as well as to share them through groups. [See more]
- Frequently Asked Questions
- For additional information, please contact your library or Inmaculada Ramos (URICI): email@example.com / 91 568 16 65 (M-F from 8 to 15 hours)